Graham Crackers (Gluten Free)
- 2 cups gluten-free flour (1 part each of bean flour, tapioca flour & cornstarch)
- 1/4 cup sweet rice flour (Mochiko is gluten free)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 3/4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 7 tablespoons butter or margarine, cut into pieces
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
In a large bowl, whisk together flours, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, xanthan gum, baking soda and salt.
- Cut in butter using a pastry cutter or two knives until it resembles cornmeal.
- Stir in cold water, honey and vanilla. Dough should form a ball. If dough is too dry, add more cold water a tbsp at a time.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Get out two cookie sheets and cover with wax or parchment paper. Spray lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
- Gather dough into a ball and divide in half. Using a lightly floured cloth covered rolling pin (I use sweet rice flour), roll half of the dough into a rectangle on one of the cookie sheets to about a 1/8" thick. Repeat with the other half.
- Score dough with a pizza cutter (or knife) into desired shapes and prick all over with a fork. (I like to use plastic forks for pricking since they tend to make rounder and thicker holes.).
- Very lightly sprinkle all over with sugar.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown and starting to harden. Let cool for 5 minutes before breaking apart. (If not fully crispened, put back in turned off warm oven until crisp.).